central control unit
Background and Identification
The HE3 was Sears' best high efficiency front loading washing machine when it was introduced in 2004. (Several Elite models have been released since then.) It has a set of automatic dispensers that dispense powdered or liquid detergent, bleach, and fabric softener at the proper times in the wash cycle. The dispenser disassembles easily for cleaning. It has a set of five pre-programmed wash cycles plus optional cycle modifiers for soil level, prewash, extended spin, water temperature, spin speed, and a second rinse. The water level is automatically set and maintained for maximum water savings. The drum is spring and shock mounted to reduce noise and vibrations. A high speed spin cycle removes more water so clothes dry faster.
The washer requires the use of the recommended amount of High-Efficiency (HE) detergent. Use of regular detergent, or too much HE detergent, will create an excess of suds, in which case an automatic suds detector will cause the washer to enter a suds removal cycle, delaying the wash cycle completion. Always follow the detergent makers recommended amounts.
If the washer detects a failure during operation, it will stop the cycle, flash an error code on the Estimated Time Remaining display, and beep four times repeatedly to attract the user's attention.
- Common error codes
- Sud -- an excess level of suds has been detected, and the washer is trying to rinse them away.
- FH -- Not enough water entering from the supply hoses.
- F02 -- Drain blocked, kinked, drain filter plugged, or drain pipe exits too far above the washer.
- FdL -- Door lock failure.
- F11 -- Communications between the front panel and control unit are failing.