For diagnostics of common problems, check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Troubleshooting.
Identification and Background Information
The Samsung Galaxy 2.0 10.1 was released to stores in May 2012. The tablet is developed and manufactured by Samsung Electronics and runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, however Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available for the tablet. The Samsung Galaxy 2.0 is part of the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series succeeding the Galaxy 1.0 10.1.
The tablet has a 10.1 inch display screen with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels. The Galaxy Tab 2.0 comes with 16GB or 32GB of user memory with up to a 32GB microSD slot. It also features a 3 Megapixel rear camera and a front VGA camera for Video Call. The standard colors are either Titanium Silver or Pure White.
To distinguish this tablet from the previous and later models, hold it in the landscape position, and look along the edge without the camera, you should see the word SAMSUNG written in white text on the black tablet, or gray text on the white tablet. If the word SAMSUNG does not appear, you have a Galaxy tab 1, if the SAMSUNG appears on the same side as the camera, you have a later model.
Size and weight
- Width: 10.1 inches
- Height: 6.9 inches
- Depth: .38 inches
- Weight: 1.28 pounds
- CPU: 1.0 GHz Dual-Core NVIDIA Tegra 2 Processor
- SDHC/SHD SD Card: Up to 32 GB
- Internal Memory: 16/32/64 GB
- Memory(RAM): 1GB
- Battery: 7,000 mAh
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Back Camera: 750p video, 3MP auto-focus with LED flash
- Audio: MP3, ACC/ACC+/EAAC+, WMA, OGG, FLAC, and AC-3 compatible music files; AMR-NB/WB, WAV, MID, XMF, iMelody, SP-MIDI, RTTTL/RTX, OTA compatible sound files
- Video Features: Video Player; Streaming; 3GP, AMR, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, and QCIF compatible video files
- Fun and Entertainment Features: Wallpaper and animated downloadable content, Samsung Widget Gallery, Samsung Media Hub
- Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 or 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixels
- Size: 10.1 inches
- Technology: TFT(PLS)
Note specifications from Samsung product page