9/10 times I start the computer there is no boot device
Thank you for looking at this, you are amazing for just checking this out.
So I have been struggling with this for about a year. When I start my computer up one of 4 things tends to happen.
- black screen/no video signal detected and the computer will shut off immediately after pressing the power button. Very little sound from the computer.
- black screen/no video signal detected and the computer will require the 5-second hold to power off, sound is louder.
- bios screen pops up telling me I need to fix my boot device, there are no boot devices.
- The computer starts up normally.
This used to take one or two tries but now is a 10-15 minute ordeal of powering it on and off until it works.
What I have done:
- checked to make sure the hard drives are connected properly.
- Changed the cmos battery
- updated the ssd
- updated the motherboard
- replaced the power supply
- used a different monitor
- sacrificed a goat to the gods of pc repair
Nothing has fixed this so far. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I may even name my next child after you if you can help in any way!
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
760w Seasonic x series
SmogHouseTradingCo Have you tried to see if that behaviour changes with just a basic setup? Something like just the SSD( or wherever your OS resides) and disconnect the rest of the drives