To replace battery on keyboard
When I opened the battery, why does the battery read DO NOT REPLACE BATTERY
Repair information for the Logitech K750 wireless solar keyboard. First available on Amazon in 2011. Model numbers: 920-002912 (Windows), 920-003472 (Mac).
!! BEST WAY TO TAKE OUT BATTERY, WITH NO DAMAGE!!
Follow each step as shown in the pictures.
1. Poke the tip of a razor (or something sharp but thin and rigid) straight into the inside edge.
2. Slide underneath (PARALLEL TO THE BOTTOM).
3. Slide the razor almost all the way out and tilt up at 45degrees to lift plastic enough to slide a butter knife in.
4. MAKE SURE YOU ONLY LEAVE ABOUT 3mm OF THE BUTTER KNIFE IN AND LEVER THE PIECE OUT.
5. Once the door is out a little, use the same butter knife to push out with force by resting the edge of the butter knife in one of the grooves.
First: I pushed over on one side ...
Then: I pushed in the middle ...
There's a guide for handling this, which notes that it is:
a) difficult to remove, and
b) an ML2032 (not CR2032), which is rechargeable. Guide to Logitech K750 Keyboard Battery Replacement
I would surmise that their tech support has had bad experiences with people replacing the battery with the non-rechargeable battery (which could, theoretically, explode, given that it's a lithium cell).
So I removed my battery, with minimal force using a spudger and the smallest screwdriver from my IFixit kit. (Thank you, IFixit.) But the new battery, which I just bought through newegg.com and everywhere else says it is “rechargeable,” which makes little to no sense since it stopped working after a year or so … Anyway, I heeded dakeldsen’s advice above and bought the same battery- I don’t need fire issues. Really who does? Other than this, I have loved my Logitech keyboard … It’s worked beautifully for a little over a year.
From what I understand, the problem is that if you put in the wrong kind of battery there is a fire hazaard, so then it becomes a liability issue for Logitech. So the fault really isn't Logitech it's our litigious society. That being said, to be treated like an idiot unable to replace a battery with the correct type does appear to be an insult. After all, we were smart enough to buy the keyboard, but not smart enough to replace a battery. Hmmmm.
過去 24時間: 1
過去 7 日: 15
過去 30 日: 57