For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues, check out the VersaMed iVent 201 Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The VersaMed iVent 201 is a compact, portable, fully-featured, microprocessor-controlled ventilator. The device offers the versatility and capability of larger and costlier ventilators. Released in 2006, it is intended to provide continuous or intermittent ventilatory support for the care of individuals who require mechanical ventilation. The VersaMed iVent 201 is appropriate for all levels of patient acuity, from pediatric through adult, and in all care settings, from the patient’s bedside to transport to another point of care.
The ventilator is recognizable due to branding located on the front surface of the device. VersaMed is centered directly above the display screen, and iVent 201 is justified right, directly below the display screen.
- Preset parameters by patient weight
- Apnea backup ventilation
- Adjustable rise time
- Easy Exhale
- Sigh breath
- 100% O2 suction
- External AC: 100 to 240 V, 50-60 Hz, max. 1.6 A
- External DC: 12 to 15 V, max. 8.5 A
- Internal Battery: Sealed Lead-Acid, 12 V, 7.2-9 Ah (rechargeable)
- Recharge Time: 8 to 10 hours
- Operating Time (internal battery): Up to 2 hours (varies with ventilation parameters)