Follow this link for a troubleshooting guide for this device.
Background and Identification
The device is a compact digital camera developed and manufactured by Sony in 2012. It features a 18.2 megapixel camera sensor relative optical magnification of 20X and an equivalent 35mm focal range of 27.5-550mm. It features aspherical elements in its lens assembly that (apparently) aid in keeping the size of the camera down, and has an aperture of f3.2-5.8. The relatively high aperture somewhat limits the camera’s low light capabilities. It features up to 1080p video and is GPS enabled. This device is discontinued and no longer in active production. It initially cost 379.99.
• Effective Picture Resolution : 18.2MP
• Memory Card Slot : MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC Compatible
• HD Output : Mini HDMI
• USB Port(s) : Micro USB, Hi-Speed USB(USB2.0)
• Battery Type : LITHIUM ION NP-BG1 3.6V
• Dimensions (Approx.) : 4 1/4" x 2 1/2" x 1 3/8" (106.6mm x 61.9mm x 34.6mm)
• Weight (Approx.) : 9.0oz (254g)
• Weight(Approx) (Main unit only) : 2.7oz (221g)
There is plenty useful information at Sony Support Pages.
Sony's Official Service Manual: Sony Service Manual
Follow this link for an independent review about this camera.