To diagnose and fix common problems, check out the troubleshooting page.
The Lenovo Thinkpad Twist s230u was released in 2012 and designed as both a laptop and a tablet. For example, the user can open the lid to use it as a laptop or twist the screen and fold it down onto the keyboard to use it as a tablet.
This device was built to run Windows 8, but it can run Windows 10 just fine. As it released in 2012, the manufacturer has stopped supporting the device, and there are no warranties on it. However, it has never been recalled.
The laptop weighs 3.5 lbs and has a smooth outer layer with a soft, rubbery finish and a silver trim around the edge. The weight and materials of the computer are enough to make it feel solid but not enough to make it feel overly bulky. You can tell the difference between this model and other similar models because you can twist the screen once you have opened it up. In addition, you can open the lid and look at the bottom right corner of the screen; there will be the name of the model (e.g. “Twist”) in that location.
Some ways this computer may fail are the screen may go out, the battery may lose its capacity to hold a charge, or the RAM may need replacing, among other miscellaneous issues. Should any of these issues occur, guides are linked to remedy them.
- Intel Core i7-3517U processor (2 cores, 1.90GHz, 4MB Cache)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- DDR3 memory controller (up to 1600MHz)
- Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 (3.00GHz)
- HT technology
- Hard Drive: 500 GB, 7200 rpm
- Solid State Drive: 24 GB
- 2GB RAM
- Dimensions: 12.32 in x 9.37 in x 0.80 in
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
- Size: 12.5 in
- Resolution: 1366 x 768
- Features: Brightness Control, Integrated Camera, Built-in Microphones
- Mini HDMI port
- Mini DisplayPort connector (on some models)
- Combo audio jack
- USB 3.0 connectors
- RJ45 Ethernet connector
- 4-in-1 media card reader
- SIM card slot
- Integrated wireless LAN
- Integrated wireless WAN (on some models)
- 6-Row Keyboard
- UltraNav Pointing Device (TrackPoint pointing device and multi-touch touch pad)
- Fn key