Background and Identification
Lifebook is a line of laptop computers produced by Fujitsu, a Japanese information technology equipment and services company headquartered in Tokyo. Fujitsu also offers a range of notebooks and tablet PCs within the same Lifebook family. Fujitsu divides its Lifebook family of computers into three model segments: all-around, advanced, and superior. All-around models are designed for users running standard office applications and are meant for everyday all-around use. Lifebook models in the all-around sector include the A-/AH-series, the SH-series, the LH-series, and the NH-series. Advanced models are designed for high mobility and security and are meant for advanced processing and include a port replicator. Advanced models include the T-, S-, E-, and P-series. Superior Lifebook models are designed for mobile professional users and industries such as research, education, services, and healthcare. Superior models come from the T-, P-, and S-series.
The Fujitsu Lifebook UH572 Ultrabook was released in August 2012 as one of the first Fujitsu Ultrabook computers. The UH572 is the consumer sibling of the business-oriented Lifebook UH772. It operates on a Windows 8 64-bit operating system and includes a 3rd generation Intel Core i5 processor. The computer includes 8 GB of memory which is not user-replaceable or upgradeable. The Fujitsu Lifebook UH572 model includes a 13.3-inch display with an LED backlight and a resolution of 1366 by 768 pixels. The computer’s hard drive supports up to 500 GB of storage with a 32 GB onboard cache.
According to a review of the Fujitsu Lifebook UH572 by PC World, the computer has a nice webcam and has a roomy hard drive, but has an unremarkable configuration of 4 GB of memory, standard Intel HD4000 graphics, and a 500 GB 5400-rpm hard drive that provides unimpressive performance.
- Operating Systems: Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Additional Software: Productivity Software: Adobe Reader®, Norton Internet Security 2013™2 (60-day free trial), Norton Studio, Microsoft Skype for Windows 8, Roxio Creator, CyberLink YouCam.
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor (3M cache, up to 2.6 GHz) with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology
- Chipset: Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
- Memory: 8 GB (4 GB x 2) DDR3, 1600 MHz. Supports up to 8 GB, requires service by Fujitsu (not user-replaceable)
- LCD 13.3 inch (HD) TFT display with LED backlight
- Video Intel® HD Graphics 4000 with up to 1.7 GB of shared video memory
- Resolution: Maximum internal display: 1366 x 768, 16M colors, Simultaneous (HDMI): 1366 x 768, 16M colors
- Hard Drive: 500 GB 5400 rpm Serial ATA, 32 GB onboard cache
- Optical Drive: N/A
- Audio: DTS Boost™ enhanced audio, stereo speakers
- Webcam Integrated HD Webcam (1280 x 800 pixels) with status indicator light; Digital Microphone
- Wireless Communication: Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 (802.11 BGN), Bluetooth (v4.0 +HS), Intel® Wireless Display (WiDi®)
- User Interfaces: Large touchpad with integrated buttons and multi-touch gesture support. Isolation style, standard US keyboard
- Ports: One HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports (one with USB Anytime Charge capability), one USB 2.0 port
- Card Slots: Secure Digital (SD) Card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC card formats.
- Security One security lock slot, Computrace® BIOS Persistence Module, Intel® Anti-Theft Technology, BIOS and HDD Password Protection, 90-day free trial of Absolute® Data Protect (user activation required)
- Battery: 4-cell Lithium-Polymer battery, rechargeable, 14.8V (2840mAh) 42Wh Battery Life: Up to 5 hours, 50 minutes.
- AC Adapter: Autosensing 100-240V AC, 65W, supplying 19V DC, 3.42A (includes an AC cable)
- Dimensions/Weight: 0.71” H (without feet) x 12.72” W x 9.21” D; approx. 3.5 lbs. with 4-cell battery
- Operating Temperature: 41°F to 95°F / 5°C to 35°C (ambient temperature); 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Non-Operating Temperature: 14°F to 140°F / -10°C to 60°C, 20% to 90% relative humidity; non-condensing
Compliance and Service Information:
- Compliance FCC Part 15B Class B and FCC Part 15C; IC ICES-003 Class B and RSS-210 UL-cUL Listed CE Marking, ENERGY STAR® qualified EPEAT Silver