when will a teardown be available?
If you're having trouble with your Amazon Tap, check out our Amazon Tap Troubleshooting page!
Background and Identification
The Tap is Amazon's first portable product to feature Alexa Voice Search. When connected to a Wi-Fi network, Tap has the same Alexa-powered features as the Echo and Echo Dot. The Tap comes with a charging cradle, as well as a microUSB port for on-the-go charging. It can be identified by its five status LEDs on the top side, microphone-activation button on the front face, and charging contacts on the bottom, as well as its model number: PW3048KL.
- Wi-Fi: Supports Wi-Fi networks or mobile hotspots that use 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming
- Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices
Audio: Dual 1.5-inch drivers and dual passive radiators for bass extension
Battery Life: Up to 9 hours of continuous playback
- Amazon Tap: 6.2" x 2.6" x 2.6" (159 mm x 66 mm x 66 mm)
- Charging Cradle: 0.6" x 2.6" x 2.6" (15 mm x 66 mm x 66 mm)
- Amazon Tap: 16.6 oz. (470 grams)
- Charging Cradle: 3.8 oz. (109 grams)
- Wi-Fi network
- The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android, and iOS devices and also accessible via your web browser.
Amazon: Official Page
Wikipedia: Amazon Echo