Cracked screen replacement guide
How to replace cracked screen for 2020 11” iPad Pro 2nd gen.
First, to see if it’s an inside screen or an outside screen is broken? Here is some methods to judge the inside or outside screen damage, that is
1. The Touch. When you touch the screen, the screen is not sensitive.
2. Observation. You can observe by naked eyes, to find whether there is an image on the screen is color piece, water ripple, etc. That is to say, the touch is not sensitive, the screen doesn’t have the image display problem. This situation is outside screen damaged. If no problem for the touch, but the screen has color block, water ripple and other problems, this situation is inside screen damaged.
3. There is a difference between the outside screen and the inside screen when you shine bright light on it. The difference between the inside and outside screen can be distinguished under the highlight. If there is only obvious crack on the outside surface, the outside screen is broken. If there are cracks on the inside and outside, it means that both the inside and outside screen are cracked.
No matter which screen is broken, you have to change it.
If you want to change it by yourself, you have to buy a new glass with OCA and prepare some useful tools to repair it.
Then, start to change it.
1. Ensure the iPad is off.
2. Remove the cracked screen.
3. Remove residual glue on the LCD.
4. Clean up the LCD.
5. Paste a new glass, which has a OCA on it.
6. Finally, test the display and the touch are on work or not.
I heard it is not possible to repair just the glass, but the whole display including the digitiser needs to be replaced. This is because they are glued together and they are very difficult to separate.
The Apple store would only replace the whole display which is almost half of the iPad price unfortunately!
過去 24時間: 19
過去 7 日: 104
過去 30 日: 388