Freeze after or while entering password
After a clean OS reinstall, my system still has a freezing problem: It is a complete image freeze. With a YouTube video in background, if I pause it and put I back on, the image stays still But I still have the control of the computer (brightness and volume still works but image stays still). It is just the image that locks up, the system still works.
But, if I leave the YouTube video on, the MacBook does not freeze. I also tried to put the YouTube video on background on another tab but then it freezes if I don’t look at the YouTube image.
IT WORKS WHEN:
- When I hold shift and start in safe mode, the MacBook is able to work normally without any freeze.
- It also works if I’m connected to the TV via HDMI cable, both screens work like a charm. also I can boot and use the MacBook normally if I constantly move the mouse and typing…
WHAT I TRIED TO DO:
- FileVault is off.
- Tried El Capitan, Mojave and Mavericks and have the same results, still freezing after 5 seconds after login page except if I move the mouse and got activity
- In the logs I can see sleep wake failure steps 35 and report version 18.
- I tried to do sudo pmset hibernatemode 0, no changes.
- I also set the boot drive and it gave me a little longer time with no freeze (for 5 minutes), and the computer does not heat up.
- When it freezes, I tried to reconnect the HDMI cable, but it does not do anything, the screen stays frozen and nothing appears on the TV.
Any ideas to help me please?
Thanks a lot!
Mise à jour (20/02/2019)
Thank you for the answer, as I said the computer freezes when it is left Idle for about one second, it does not freeze when the screen has graphic activity such as YouTube or mouse movement or keyboard typing . It works also by starting by safe mode.
It seems like a hardware problem, on what electric voltages can I search on the motherboard scheme? I have open board view and the motherboard seems in good shape with no oxidation and no burned components or desoldered.
Thanks if you’ve got some tips…