What and what not to do after dropping your iPhone in water?
A couple of hours ago I dropped my iPhone in water. I quickly picked it up and dried it using my towel. I panicked and forgot to turn off the iPhone, leaving it wrapped in a towel to dry. After sometime I noticed that the iPhone had turned off on its own. I removed my sim card and moved it to another phone. After sometime I noticed that the iPhone was not turned off but the Apple logo was blinking intermittently. I pressed down the home and power buttons for a couple of seconds and the display stopped blinking. I checked online and saw a variety of fixes such as dropping in a bag of rice, blow drying, dipping in isopropyl alcohol etc.
I had no idea what to do so I decided to open up the device to @%^!* the damage. The sim tray and the region surrounding the sim tray were not wet. There was a drop of water on top of the battery at the bottom and the surrounding area was wet(including the black rectangular bar below the battery.) The display was also slightly wet around the same region(slightly above the home button). I cleaned the region with an earbud. the main board seems to be dry. I also checked the display flex cables and the battery connector and found them to be dry.
I have put the iPhone inside a bag of rice to dry. What do I do next? How long should I leave it in the rice?