How can I make my mac faster?
My mac sometimes is slow but sometimes it takes to long to respond. but i want to make it fast like when i bougth it.
I would run a utility like Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner and delete all temp files and clear all caches. I have that machine as well and I found that a RAM upgrade made a nice difference (4GB). You can always get a faster HDD as well. another suggestion is that you defrag your drive and optimize your files. If your drive is close to full capacity, I would do a clean up of all large and unused files and give the drive room for swap files.
I also recommend using Monolingual, a nifty little software that removes all unnecessary languages from the OS and applications. It even gets rid of universal binaries, which can speed up the opening of Apps.
Another suggestion is to upgrade to SnowLeopard if you dont already have it, back up all your data and do a clean install of the software.
The more cache files the APP or OS have to search, the slower the app becomes as it has to wait for the search to finish. By cleaning out old outdated cache files, the search time is much shorter. So many websites today are constantly changing their pages making caching almost pointless over a long term (say a week or more). That's why keeping the caches cleaned out will net a speed increase. A once a week routine should keep everything sparkling fast.
I am in the same boat as you. I just upgraded my late 2008 MacBook with a new SSD, a 750 GB 7200 RPM HD in place of the optical drive, and 8 GB of RAM. Previously I had a measly 4 GB of RAM and a slow 5400 RPM 250 GB HD. Things should be screaming now!
If your Mac hard drive has too many fragmented files then it may slow down your Mac. Defragmentation is the process which helps to keep all scattered files together in hard drive and increase your Mac performance. I would like to suggest all Mac users to use Stellar Drive Defrag tool to defrag Mac disk.
Hi, get the Drive Genius 3 disk and defrag your hard drive. after a long period of constant usage your hard drive will need to be defrag, just like the PC, you must do maintenance work on your machine.If you have maxed-out your memory then you should be fine, just concentrate on doing the defrag of the hard drive.
You can make your Mac faster. You can go through below link. With the passage of time Mac gets slow because of system junks, caches, language files, unwanted applications, duplicate files.
Upgrade your ram and use clean my mac app to remove all junks and caches. After that use onyx app for check S.M.A.R.T status check and repair. You have to do this process for weekly once. Your mac will be s,art and healthy,..
You should remove all unwanted data from your Mac as soon as possible. You can use OnyX cleanup tool to sped up your Mac.
Defrag your mac filesystem? From what I understand is, we don't need to defrag a UNIX FS. they use sequential writing & not like windows or WAFL. Does defrag really improve the performance, is there a way to measure it?
You can minimize memory usage in the following five areas.
1. Clean up your desktop. A clean and tidy desktop not only allows you to look good and relax but also reduces memory usage.
2. Although extensions in web browsers can very helpful for us to use. But sometimes there are some extensions that you won't use for a long time. Why not consider deleting some unnecessary browser extensions at this time? Removing some unused browser extensions can also reduce the use of memory.
3. Delete junk files. When your Mac has been used for a long time, you should find that your Mac has a lot of files that you haven't used for a long time, especially if the large files are especially memory-intensive. There are also old iOS and iTunes backups, cache files and browser caches, duplicate photos and files, and software that hasn't been used for a long time. These are also very memory intensive. To remove these junk files, I suggest you use some Mac cleaning tools. For example, iMyMac's Mac Cleaner.
4. Do not open too many windows at once.
5. Restart the Finder tool. Finding large files with the Finder can take up a lot of memory.
Reducing memory usage is a necessary condition to keep your Mac running smoothly. So keep your Mac computer healthy and remember to clean it up often.
過去 24時間: 0
過去 7 日: 2
過去 30 日: 20