An awesome team of students from our education program made this wiki.
Bose SoundLink III Troubleshooting
This device was released February 2014 and has the model number 369946-1300.
Device won't turn on
I want to turn on my Bose SoundLink III, but it won't turn on.
Device power source connection
Perform a check to see if the device will power on when running on AC power (plugged directly into wall).
Faulty charging port or cable
If the issue persists when using AC power, the problem may either be with the charging port and cable or the speaker's motherboard. If you would like to replace your charging port, please visit the following repair guide.
If the issue is mainly occurring when running on battery power, the battery may be in protection mode or discharged. To resolve this, plug into AC power to restore to operational mode.
Bluetooth won't pair
The device is on, but will not pair with Bose SoundLink III.
Pairing device with Bose SoundLink III
You must ensure that the speaker is discoverable. This is indicated when the indicator light blinks blue.
Previously paired device unable to pair
- Clear all pairing history from your speaker by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone.
- Clear pairing history of the speaker from your Bluetooth-connected device.
- If the issue persists, try performing a factory reset of the speaker by holding the mute button for 10 seconds until LED lights flash.
Battery won't keep a charge
The device does not work when not plugged in.
Battery may need replacement
- The battery status icon still blinks yellow after ten hours of charging.
- The operating battery life noticeably drops.
Charging port is damaged
- If you notice that problems concerning battery life aren't resolved by the above steps (in addition to trying a new charging cable), your charging port may be damaged.
- You should inspect the charging port, making note of any dust or debris clogging it.
- Also, if you notice the port seems warped, loose, or damaged in any way you may need to replace it in order to begin charging your speaker's battery again.
Speaker sounds distorted / muffled
The sound quality of the speaker has deteriorated.
Check if the issue is from poor Bluetooth connection. This can be tested by plugging an auxiliary cord into the device. If the sound quality is satisfactory with the auxiliary cord, there may be a problem with the Bluetooth connection.
Device is out of range
You may need to move the paired device closer to the speaker. If the issue persists, then the problem is not with the range.
Try disabling the Wi-Fi on your device and closing excess running apps, and then test the sound quality.
Faulty Auxiliary port / cable
If the issue persists when using auxiliary cord, the issue may either be with the auxiliary port or the cable.
If the sound is distorted, try lowering the volume on your device and raising it on the speaker.
If the problem persists after checking all of the above points, you may need to replace one or more of your speakers. For help with replacement please visit the following guides: Bass Speaker Replacement and Treble Speakers Replacement