riDerz nice job, I know you have fixed it, but next time try this: 1. get a thick WHITE paper, thickest you can find
2. put the paper somewhere stable
3. put the scroll ball (gray ball) on it (holding the mouse opposite-down)
4. move it around with pressure in different direction for a minute.
1. It is not TORX
2. It is TRI-WING
3. your machine has 2 of these on battery, one on the right hand side over the black plastic cover. one on the actual battery on the left side.
4. search amazon / ebay for TRI or TRIWING or TRI-WING
5. opening that battery will void your warranty there is a black sticker on the left side of your battery "read it please"
7. good luck and please update us
YES 1. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3759
2. Power PC G4 (867 MHz or faster) do not worry about 867, yours is "DUAL" so you be fine.
3. it says 512 MB RAM on apple website, I will go for 1 GB at least.
4. Good luck and please update us.