Marine Engineer, gadgets are my hobby
Finished. I didn’t resolder, I left the original base wire, as many might have noticed, the cable snapped. I spliced it in a half-assed way (later Iif its an issue I’ll go the solder route). for now its spliced with electrical tape just around the connection. I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017L... in order to replace the built-in antenna. Getting much better signal strength than original.
That’s fine but what antenna did you purchase? My antennae wire is actually broken, started out with the plastic piece breaking then the cable snapped.
apparently I screwed something up and missed more “tests” before I placed the screen on the device. 1: It won’t charge. 2: Vibration motor wasn’t working 3: speaker isn’t working. Now the phone is completely dead and I’m waiting on more screen adhesive before I take it apart again.
Excellent guide. Performed a successful replacement without damaging my screen and so far everything seems to work fine.
-Removal of the screen wasn’t as hard as they made it out to be, just gotta be careful.
-Removal of all old adhesive was more difficult
-It was difficult to keep the front camera lens cover clean during adhesive removal . Removal of the old adhesive was the most time consuming part of my battery replacement
-the thin wire that runs down the battery side of the bottom part of the phone got in the way of clipping in the middle frame. I noticed when I was removing the glue that it kinda “bulged” up on the side between the screws. I removed the middle frame again and I had to shift the battery over a millimeter or so in order to place the wire down out of the way.
-Also I have no idea how it was missed in the first place but one of the 9 screws in my middle frame was already loose! Screw # 4 if you count Left to Right, top to bottom in step #11