1 - 3 時間
I'm on bike tour from Arizona to Tennessee. I hit the apparently infamous loose dog section of New Mexico, got chased by a large snarly boxer, and was so scared that I lost my balance and fell very hard. One of the repairs I had to make aside from my bike, equipment, and arm, was my cracked screen!
The repair was fairly smooth overall. It took me a lot longer than an hour, because I felt extremely cautious and wanted to make sure I understood each step before attempting it. The guide explains it well and after about ten steps, I actually became pretty intuitive about what would be next even though I've never done a project like this. In the end, everything works perfectly except the vibrator. It's a lot softer now. Once I realized, I turned my phone off and opened it back up to see if I could figure it out. I'm still not sure why, but it also doesn't bother me too much.
My main problem was that one of the screw heads got stripped. It happened because I thought it had come loose and was spinning the driver without enough torque.
***Make sure you apply enough pressure and turn slowly till it comes loose before you start to spin the driver more quickly!***
I got it out using nail clippers as pliers to turn it. I was lucky because there are quite a few spots where the space is too small to get to a screw with clippers and this wouldn't work.
Before I started, I watched the video twice, and read over the instructions. As I went through the guide (before starting), I made labels for each screw with the step number and a description if I needed- ex. "Step 11 over antennae" or "Step 13 top". There's about forty so I used ice cube trays to sort them all and made sure I had a super clean surface to make it easier to find if I dropped anything. There are also a few parts to set aside that resemble each other so I ended up making labels for those too as I went along. I think this really saved me as I reassembled!
I used the box that the kit came in as a workspace tray. This became necessary! A couple of times when I turned over the phone, a piece would come loose and fall out. I was able to find them quickly in the tray.
Also, my phone was a bit different than the guide. It doesn't have a SIM card, so I skipped that step entirely. Some of the parts look different than pictured or described. Two of the screws that were described as Phillips were actually flathead. A gold grounding clip that wasn't mentioned came out with one of the screws. (This was the part I labeled "step 11 antennae".) My descriptive labels really helped me figure out what everything was when I put it back together since the some of the steps in the guide varied from my phone.
It was a little confusing to put back together and takes a lot of patience to get the screws to line up. I ended up looking up a reassembly video for a couple of the steps, but I mostly was able to just follow the guide backwards. Once I got it back together, I felt excited and capable! It was a fun project and I'm so glad my phone is fixed.