Background and Identification
This aerator is intended for use by homeowners or contractors on smaller lawns and other aerating projects. It punctures the soil with a series of spikes, referred to as tines, which remove a ‘core’ from the ground, creating a series of holes. Aerated soil has better drainage, and encourages deeper roots for plants by giving them more direct contact with deeper soil.
This machine has several features. First, it is self-propelled, and has grips on the handle that are designed to reduce vibration and make the aerator easier to handle. Second, it uses thirty steel tines over an width of 19 inches for reliable and extensive coverage, so that the user doesn’t need to aerate the same soil multiple times. Third, this aerator has several portability features including a folding handle and removable weights, which make it easier to maneuver and store when not in use.
- Assembled Depth: 53.5 in
- Assembled Height: 48.8 in (30 in when handle folded)
- Assembled Width: 28 in
- Weight: 255 lbs incl. removable weights (weights are 40 lbs.)
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 0.53 gal
- Coring dimensions: up to 2.75 in deep and 0.75 in diameter
- Variable Speed: Yes
- Engine: Honda GX120UT2
- Engine Displacement: 118cc
- Starter Type: Manual recoil starter
- Fuel Type: Unleaded fuel only