Background and Identification
Respironics is a medical supply company that specializes in products that improve respiratory functions. They are merged with the company Philips and provided the very first continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) to provide patients with sleep apnea. This CPAP machine dates to 1990 and new and improved models have been released.
The Respironics Solo LX is a small compact design that has a length of 25 centimeters with a very lightweight. Its rectangular design a front cover including a Time meter, LED signal light, 2-digit display, ramp button, and a power button. A long tube is connected from the machine to the mask that the patient equips before falling asleep. It is a very distinct machine due to its retro features, and old technology.
- Length: 250mm (10 in.)
- Width: 140mm (5.50 in.)
- Height: 120mm (4.75 in.)
- Weight: 3.5 lbs. (1.6 kg)
- AC Input Voltage: 100 to 120 VAC; 230 to 240 VAC (50 to 60 Hz)
- DC Input Voltage: 11 to 17 VDC
- AC Current Consumption: T 800 ma at 115 VAC; T315 ma at 230 VAC
- DC Current Consumption: 3.0 A maximum, time delay, type MDL
- Power Consumption: 80 VA maximum
- Fuse I: 0.8 amp or 800 ma time delay (100 to 120 VAC)
- Fuse II: 0.315 or 315 ma time delay (230 to 240 VAC)
- Physical Fuse Size: 5mm x 20mm
- Operating Temperature: +41 to +104°F (5 to 40°C )
- Storage Temperature: -4 to +140°F (-20 to 60°C )
- Outlet Temperature Rise: Shall not exceed 122°F (50°C )
- Humidity: 15 to 90% non condensing
“Philips Hospital Respiratory Ventilation Systems and Solutions” Philips, (2020, November 11th) .
“Respironics”. (2020, November 11th). In Wikipedia.
“CPAP”.(2020, November 11th). In Wikipedia.
“Filters for the Respironics Solo.” CPAP, (2020 November 11th.)