Background and Identification
Razer released the 15.6-inch Blade in mid 2021 as an update to their Razer Blade series of thin gaming laptops. The 2021 model featured a 15.6-inch screen with the option to choose between 1080p, 1440p, and 4K (2560p). The 2021 Blade retained the black aluminum design of its predecessors, but it was annodised.
This laptop uses 11th-generation Intel Core i7 or i9 processors and Nvidia 3060 or 3070 or 3080 graphics cards. The device comes with 16GB or 32GB of memory, but you can upgrade to 32/64GB. The memory and the M.2 SSD are easily replaceable along with the battery and the Wi-Fi card. All the repairs/upgrades are simple once you use a Torx T5 screwdriver to open the back case.
You can identify your Razer Blade by looking on the bottom for the model number. Use this page on the Razer Support website to find the matching laptop. The base model has the number RZ09-0410x and the advanced model has the number RZ09-0409x.
- Intel Core i7-11800H or i9-11900H
- 16/32GB SODIMM DDR4 (supports up to 64GB)
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 3060 with 6 GB VRAM
- or Nvidia GeForce GTX 3070 with 8 GB VRAM
- or Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 with 8/16GB VRAM (advanced model only)
- 15.6 inches (16:9)
- 1920x1080 IPS display at 360Hz
- or 3840x2160 (4K) OLED touchscreen (advanced model only)
- SSD: 512 GB/1TB
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Three USB-A 3.2 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet port (base model only)
- HDMI 2.1 port
- 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack
- AC power barrel jack
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 5.2
- Razer Chroma backlight