For information regarding common device issues, refer to the FZ1000 troubleshooting page.
The DMC-FZ1000 is a member of Panasonic's Lumix brand of digital cameras released on July 27, 2014. In contrast to previous Lumix models and other cameras in its price range, it is able to capture 4000-pixel (4k) resolution video at 30 frames per second. Its high zooming capabilities also set it apart from comparable cameras. Often described as a bridge camera, it is among the first in a class of affordable yet high-end cameras.
Make sure you have the correct camera before using the information on this device page. The manufacturer's name (Panasonic) and the model number (DMC-FZ1000) are printed on top of the viewfinder. The label on the bottom of the camera will also give the model number.
- Dimensions 136.8 millimeters wide x 98.5 millimeters tall x 130.7 millimeters long
- Weight 831 grams/1.83 pounds with card and battery
- Resolution 20.1 megapixels
- Leica Lens Optical 16x zoom. Aperture from 9.12 millimeters to 146 millimeters
- Monitor 3-inch monitor (3:2 ratio)
- Viewfinder OLED live viewfinder (4:3 ratio) with diopter adjustment -4 to +4 diopter
- Flash Built-in pop up flash
- Microphone Stereo
- Languages English, Spanish (DMC-FZ1000P models). English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Chinese, Japanese (DMC-FZ1000PC models)
- Recording Media SD card/SDHC card/SDXC card
- File Format Still picture: RAW/JPEG. Motion picture: AVCHD Progressive/AVCHD/MP4
- Interface USB 2.0
- Terminals 3.5 millimeter MIC jack. 2.5 millimeter REMOTE jack. MicroHDMI Type D