White screen of death / capacitor next to gpu blown out?
My friend gave me an ipod touch with water damage that wouldnt turn on. i put it on the charger and after 2 days it turned on with a white screen. i decided to go in and using a pry tool scrape away at the corrosion all across the board, and it powered on and worked great. now it has been 2 months and suddenly i heard a sizzling noise and the back of the ipod became very hot. i then opened it and desoldered the battery and waited for it to cool. i took a closer look and i see 1 blown capacitor, i have a replacement capacitor from another ipod touch 2g logic board. i need to know how to transfer it without damaging it? and so it seems a capacitor overheating problem is perfectly linked with the white screen of death.