My Nexus 6P has water damage, what do I need to replace?
I was kayaking with my Nexus 6P in a waterproof bag, and from reaching in and out of the bag, a very minute amount of water came into contact with my phone. The phone also majorly overheated, it was hotter than a Viking's funeral (It was for sure 110°F).
- the phone will not charge
- there was a blinking red LED but it died completely, so that bad boy went kaput
I cracked this baby open and sure enough the water damage indicator was Crayola Electric Crimson.
I don't know what to look for besides that, but I'm guessing I'll have to replace the battery, maybe the daughterboard? There is some corrosion up on those copper tab thingy's if that helps.
If any of you guys and gals could give me some tips on what to look for so I know what to replace, or if there's another solution for my unfortunate 6P. Anything you throw this way would be much appreciated.
P.S. I got it to charge up to forty percent yesterday. Out of the blue it decided to suck up some juice from the outlet, but it went back to playing dead today.