adding SSD M.2 to lenovo Thinkpad T440S
how can I add more space in my hard drive, I am planning to buy an SSD M.2 it will work with this laptop or not
Here's a good write-up on how to add in a SSD into your system: How to Install an M.2 SSD in the Lenovo ThinkPad T440s. You'll need a SATA/AHCI drive.
When buying an SSD, be sure to purchase an M.2 drive that is exactly 42mm long, the only length that will fit in the ThinkPad T440s’s narrow slot. Though M.2 is the next-generation of mSATA, it is not backward compatible so you need to make sure the drive is listed as M.2, not mSATA.
You’ll also need a small Philips-head screwdriver.
How to Install an M.2 SSD in the T440s
1. Enter the BIOS setup program by hitting Enter or f1 key repeatedly when the notebook boots.
If Windows loads, you’ll have to restart and try again.
2. . Select Power under the Config Tab.
3. Select Disable Built-in Battery and hit yes when asked to confirm. This will turn the computer off.
4. Place the T440s upside down on a table, with the power off and cord unplugged.
5. Remove the battery by pulling aside the clips.
6. Unscrew the 8 screws on the back using the Philips head screwdriver.
7. Loosen the six screws on the bottom of the system. Lift the cover from the system.
8. Remove the screw from the m2 solid-state drive. Lift the drive from the system.
9. Insert the m2 solid-state drive into the socket. Press the drive down and secure it in place with the screw.
10. Align the bottom cover with the system. Tighten the screws to secure the cover in place.
11. Reconnect the AC adapter to re-enable the built-in battery
If your 2.5” drive is a mechanical hard drive, the M.2 SSD will be a lot faster so you may want to use it as your boot drive.
In order to do that, you’ll want to clone your original drive so that Windows and all your programs get copied over. Before you do, you’ll want to make a full system backup, just in case something goes wrong.
Yes , unless the m.2 Slot is already taken by UMTS or so
過去 24時間: 3
過去 7 日: 17
過去 30 日: 50