There might be dust and carbon got collected between RAM and motherboard slot if you haven’t used the laptop for a long time. It is a very common issue and you won’t get any display still laptop get to spin. Follow the steps below to fix it.
- Turn off your laptop and remove the charger as well as the battery.
- Open back cover of where the RAM is installed. (In a few models you have to open a full-back cover to get access to the RAM).
- Now slide the notch and remove the RAM. If you have multiple RAMs installed remove them too.
- Take a piece of white paper or eraser and rub it on copper pins to clean dust or carbon on it.
- The same do with slots in the motherboard.
- Now plug it back in and close the back cover.
- Connect the battery and turn it on.
Still getting black screen read more reason from laptop won’t turn on to fix the issue.