How can I reset password without reset disk?
I reloaded Windows XP and the log on password reset and I can't log on. I don't have password reset disk either.
Just use NTPASSWD, it's been around forever. A lot of Linux bootable recovery systems have it built in.
It has been a while since my original comment.
I've used (and still use) ntpasswd for many years from XP thru Windows 8 on hundreds of systems and have blanked out the user admin password. The key word here is BLANK out the password.
It is just a matter of following the menus by selecting the drive with the sam file, listing the windows accounts, unlocking the account using the id of the account, it will be something like 0x01b3, then selecting the option to blank the password. Last, when you quit, it will ask if you would like to write the changes. Restart and at the Windows login screen click on the account that was unlocked and leave the password field blank. Once inside Windows you can go to the user account and set a new password.
For Windows 10 systems, with a Local Account (only), I've used this guide several times without a problem.
hello , i understand the problem well. i think you should try restore and reset the computer or try some stepps using safe mode . its very hard to get through the admin password with old computer settings but in windows 10 now you can reset the password using the Microsoft account i can tell you for this kind of issue just visit blog how to reset windows password with reset disk and see if this can help if not than let me know i will try to help further. thanks
You have a few options available to you;
First of all I would try the simplest route. There is an Administrator account that is created with every windows Xp install. At the login screen, hit alt+ctrl+del 2 times, it should give you another login box, it may have a user name already inside it. Delete the user name, and type, "Administrator" no quotes. Hit enter, and it should log you in with admin privileges. From there goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords to your liking.
Second you can use the F8 key during windows startup. Continually hit F8 when your computer first turns on, BEFORE the windows screen loads. It will prompt you with choices on how to boot windows. Choose Safe Mode, and goto Control Panel > User Accounts and change the passwords there.
For those who are locked out of their computer and want their data, and in case a password removal disk did not work, here's a fix I use all the time:
- Power down laptop, disconnect from charger, remove or disconnect battery;
- Remove HDD;
- Put it in a USB enclosure; connect it to a Mac or Linux based system; if it's a Mac, make sure it has something like "Paragon NTFS" installed in order for it to read NTFS drives;
- Access the "user" files as if it was an external storage, and copy the needed data;
- Put back the hard disk in your computer, reconnect battery;
- Format or reset to factory settings depending on what configuration you have, such as access from a different admin user. Re-install OS, softwares, and copy data back.
Lengthy, but works every time.
There are 2 methods for you to reset the forgotten XP password without a reset disk:
Method 1: Use another administrator account to Reset Window XP Password.
Step 1: Restart your computer, press “Ctrl+Alt+Delete” two times, then enter the administrator name and password if you know the password, if you don’t, leave it blank, click “Ok”.
Step 2: Start to reset the password by pressing “Win+R” and type control user passwords 2 and hit “Enter”.
Step 3: Click the name of the user accounts you what recover password for, and click “Reset password”. Type a new password and type it again to confirm it. Restart the computer to log on to Windows XP again.
Method 2: Reset Windows XP password from safe mode.
1. Start your computer and press "F8" while the computer boots up. The Advanced Boot Options screen appears.
2. Scroll down to "Safe Mode" with the arrow keys on the keyboard and press "Enter." Your computer starts in Safe Mode.
3. Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen. If you've ever set an administrator password, you must enter that password instead of leaving the "Password" field blank. Usually the Administrator password is blank.
4. Click on "Start" and “Control Panel". Then Click” user accounts”.
5. Pick an account to change, here we select “ Mike”.
6. Click “Change the password".
7. Type a new password for that account.
If the methods above don't work you can refer to a third-party tool-Windows Password key.
The methods mentioned in the reply are not useful and not easy to use. I'd like to recommend some free tool like like ntpassword, ophcrack and passfolk saverwin (Free), they're totally free and easy to use.
totally free, but you can consider to donate them.
Steps for laptop password recovery with command in safe mode:
Step 1: Boot or Reboot your Windows 7 laptop (take Windows 7 as example now).
Step 2: Hold on F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options before the Windows 7 loading screen appears.
Or Press CTRL to enter Advanced Boot Options when computer power on.
Step 3: Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt in the coming screen, and press Enter.
There are three options for choice, Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking and Safe Mode with Command Prompt. In order to reset Windows user password with command prompt, select Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Step 4: Wait for Windows 7 to load files until Windows login screen comes out.
Step 5: Log in with an administrator account or built-in administrator when you see login screen.
Step 6: Command Prompt runs automatically. Type net user in the Command Prompt and press Enter to see how many user accounts in locked laptop. Then all of laptop users will be listed in the Command Prompt.
Step 7: Choose one administrator to reset forgotten password for laptop.
Step 8: Login your laptop with the new password after successfully laptop password reset.
For those trying to use ntpasswd without luck, here is a quick guide on different approach: http://resetpasswordhow.com
Be careful when downloading "free", "100% guranateed" windows password utilities as they can totally mess up your windows admin account and damage the data. I learned this the hard way.
Just download oph crack live boot cd and burn it to any removable disk u have ( cd or usb) then boot ur computer from it . after that wait a few seconds for ophcrack run automatically or u may press enter to advance.if everything goes well u will se an NTML hash copy the hash code on a paper and navigate to crackstation.net or any other online hash code decryptor and paste the hash code there and click crack. You will then see ur passowrd and thats it.
You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer.
1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.
To use an administrator account to reset your password
Warning: If you use an administrator account to reset the password, you will permanently lose access to any e‑mail messages or encrypted files that are on that account.
1. Log on to the administrator account that you will use to reset the forgotten password.
2. Open Local Users and Groups by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing lusrmgr.msc into the Search box, and then pressing ENTER.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Double-click Local Users and Groups, and then click Users.
4. Right-click the account that you need to reset the password for, and then click Set Password.
5. Type and confirm the new password.
Generally, there are two different account types on Windows computer: local accounts and Microsoft accounts. Local accounts are identical to accounts on previous versions of Windows. Data is stored locally, and the account is only known on the local device.
A Microsoft Account on the other hand is an online account, and as such, introduces new options to reset the account password should the need arise. You can directly reset the password from here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.a...
There are so many recommendations, it would be much better to pick up the best from the list. I had the fortune to get back my password with ntpasswd (windows XP/Vista) and Windows Password Recovery Pro (Windows 10). For beginner users, the later is much better because it has an intuitive user interface.
Step by step tutorial: http://www.recoverywindowspassword.com/r...
An example for how to reset Windows 7 password without reset disk:
A powerful utility for Windows password reset without reset disk:
iSunshare Windows Password Genius, Chntpw, Ophrack
For more details, please see introductions below.
1. Access computer with another administrator account
2. Start Windows XP with built-in administrator in safe mode
Method 1: Create a Windows password reset disk to reset Windows password
Which app can help you to create a Windows password reset disk? Perhaps you have searched and found lots of such apps, but couldn't choose one effective and safe from them. In my opinion, Windows Password Genius is worth trying. While you run it on an accessible Windows computer, it will give you a chance to burn a USB or CD disk with this program. Then after booting locked computer from the USB or CD disk, you can easily reset Windows password.
Method 2: Create a Windows installation disk to reset Windows password
The Windows system installation disk will not only help you to install/reinstall/repair you Windows system, but also change the registry file to reset Windows password or create new user account.
Firstly, create a Windows installation disk.
Secondly, boot locked computer from installation disk, and replace ease of access icon with command prompt program.
Thirdly, open Command Prompt on login screen and reset Windows password with command line.
Method 3: Create a Windows password recovery disk with other free programs
Besides the professional Windows Password Genius, there are also several third-party free Windows password recovery programs, such as Chntpw, Ophcrack etc. You can burn them into USB or CD as a Windows password recovery disk.
Then start locked computer from them and reset Windows password by following wizard.
See how to reset Windows password with chntpw.
No one referring reinstall? It is still an solid method to remove login password from any Windows distribution. Plus, this will also fix the lag problem.
Even you are looking for a password reset software, there are many free one out there. Here are a few good ones:
☆WINDOWS 10 Forgot sign in password:
- Depress & hold shift, select "RESTART."
-KEEP THE SHIFT BUTTON HELD DOWN.
-A menu will appear.
-SELECT TROUBLE SHOOTING OPTIONS.
- Then go through the 2 screen prompts that perform your reset. If you didn't know your password, it is best to do a factory reset.
-Hopefully you'll have backed up your files as this will wipe everything, but you'll be back in.
A FACTORY RESET IN WINDOWS 10 THEN TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR AT LEAST.
If you use Windows XP Professional on your computer, try three workable ways to reset forgotten administrator password.
1. Reset password in safe mode by using the built-in administrator account.
2. Reset password using a Windows XP installation disk.
3. Recover Windows XP Password with a password reset program/
Step-by-step tutorial: Windows XP Professional Administrator Password Reset
過去 24時間: 950
過去 7 日: 6,003
過去 30 日: 19,612