Index of informational pages about how things work around here.
We're building the free repair manual for everything, and we need your help. It's easy to get started—just click the edit button on any page and make an improvement!
We've got some useful pages that will teach you how to take photos and write your own repair manual, help us build and organize a Q&A knowledge base, and add new kinds of devices to iFixit. And a whole lot more.
- User Accounts — How to register and fill out your account.
- Repair Guides — How to create a Repair Guide.
- Teardowns — How to create a Teardown.
- Device Pages — How to create a Device Page.
- Troubleshooting Pages — How to create a Troubleshooting Page.
- Item Page — How to create an Item Page.
- Device Safety — Safety precautions for common repairs.
- Answers — Information on Answers.
- Taking guide photos — Step-by-step walkthrough of how to use a simple lighting and camera setup.
- Camera tips — Useful tips and camera settings for common consumer cameras.
- How to Make an Awesome Guide — How to write an awesome guide.
- Repair Guide FAQ — Why write repair guides?
- Teardown FAQ — Why write gadget teardowns?
- Community Guidelines — Dos and don'ts for successfully engaging with our community.
- Device Nomenclature — How to properly name device pages.
- Tech Writing Handbook — For more valuable information on writing guides.
- Administration and Moderation Help — Administrator tools and their descriptions.
- Help Documentation — The place to go to read up on the many features of iFixit.
Get excited and start teaching repair!
- About us — We started out fixing things, just like you.
- Why self repair? — You can fix it. We make it easy.
- iFixit Supports the Community — Causes iFixit stands behind.
- Fix the planet — Throwing things away when they break is unsustainable.
- We're hiring! — We're Hiring!
- Where we're going — We want to fix the world.
- Our Users Have Fixed Millions of Devices — Our customers have a lot to say about us.
- Frequently Asked Questions — A fast way to learn more about iFixit.
- Media info — Media contact information and logos.
- Coverage — The press talks about us from time to time.