In response to @danj - Here is an example of a damaged USB I repaired to get the data off (I know it’s not the cleanest job, but it worked!) I scraped off the coating to reveal traces on the board and tinned them with solder. Then attached the appropriate wires from a USB charger wire that I cut and stripped back. I agree with Dan that this is only to get the data off - I do not use this USB drive anymore because it is so easily damaged.
The original home button cable from the damaged screen can be reused with the new replacement screen. If some heat is used, the backlight layers can be taken apart, starting with the metal plate/mirror which has the home button cable enclosed inside. The process will be similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ecUhWS... I highly recommend practicing this on a damaged screen first. Depending on what is replaced, the backlight LED power cable will need to be soldered as well. Best of luck!
Hi @wisteria Just keeping it away from anything metal and anything sharp will render the battery harmless. As long as it’s charge isn’t affected by charging or discharging, it shouldn’t spontaneously light on fire (or cause any other type of harm). Even in these “worst case” environments, it’s extremely rare for a battery to light on fire.
This might sound crazy but is there any chance your paper towels have a metallic pattern printed on them? Any type of small metal embedded into the paper would be super heated by the microwaves and set the paper on fire...