Sounds good Dirt. I’d keep it in a metal pot or other fireproof location for a few days and monitor the temperature every so often when charging. I think without the thermsistor youre removing a safety protection mechanism. When overcharged these batteries explode.
Mine does not even get hot after any time charging so I feel I am safe. Also the battery percentage goes up and down (even to 100%) just like it’s supposed to.
You are correct. Only take apart the side that has the battery - the left. This guide was meant to be a teardown guide, not just battery.
Risk is still lower because I’m not charging them when I’m wearing them. I would think damage causing an internal short would eventually cause overheating tho… and possibly the same result.
Only problem is that there’s no temp sensor on those batteries. I thought those batteries only sizzle a little bit and leak fumes… but I see that they explode when overcharged … this isnt good.
Can anyone find a similar battery that will fit in the original compartment?
Sounds like the wrong battery. Mine lasts a really long time. I haven’t measured but it seems to last 2-3 8hr work days with some use interruptions. The ANC works still but I haven’t noticed anything different about it tbh. My office isn’t terribly noisy to begin with (and the ANC is only good for background noises like clicks and fans and such, not voices).
It sounds like your battery is no good to begin with. That performance is terrible. Go for a 3.7V max 4.2V, and 500mAh or more (more mAh more capacity).
Maybe the voltage was wrong on the battery? I would expect things to not work well under-voltage. Usually they dont work at all. Maybe it was an old battery or lower capacity battery?
Headphones still going strong, no problems.
I think I had killed the microphone board with ESD unfortunately. I was sitting on my fuzzy couch while doing the teardown. Some devices dont guarantee ESD protection once you open them. I knew better too…
ESD probably killed the microphone board of my headphones. So hence the warning.
not kidding about the naked part: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/...
I first learned of this from the megatokyo web comic :D
Hm, today the headphones suddenly powered down at 50% but I had been using it for like 2 days before that (16 hours).
Removing ribbon cable for exploration purposes caused me trouble down the road. I had not firmly reseated it when putting back together so the buttons and lights were dead. And now the buttons feel like they are only working intermittantly? Not sure if its my Mac preventing the buttons from working actually. Perhaps the glue securing the connector was there to prevent it coming loose (which might have happened at this point).
Page 1 of 2