All the things I've read on line say to leave it alone for up to two weeks. I spilt warm tea with milk and sugar on my closed apple lap top. I wiped it down with soft towels and used q-tips in all the port openings. Then I unscrewed as many screws as I could and took out the battery. I thought by opening up the housing I would let some air in to dry out anything I couldn't reach. I turned it on two weeks later and it's been running fine ever since. If there is any moisture hidden and the power gets turned on, it could cause the wiring to short out and fry your computer.
Hope this helps!