Agree, don't pry at the bottom at all (don't do what the pic shows). The rest of the guide worked fine. In my case, the adhesive that holds the little rubber feet to the plastic cover has degraded and no longer really holds them allowing them to slip and "jam" the clicker until you slide it back. I used a very very small amount of glue to re-adhere it, so hopefully that lasts a while.
I didn't have issues with the chip coming off because I didn't use any excessive force. The key, folks, is to go slowly. I've got the full toolkit from iFixit, so I used the metal spudger to apply gentle slow pressure until the adhesive released.