I partially added new adhesive to areas where I had to remove adhesive for my glass shattering. I actually used double sided sticky tape of the proper thickness from a craft store like Michael’s and it worked just fine in combination with the old adhesive I left on. Sealed up nice. If you’ve removed all of the adhesive, I recommend adding some so your screen doesn’t pop off and rip your connecting ribbons out causing more issues. Here’s what is recommended in the parts dept:
3M Double-Sided Adhesive Tape - 2 mm Width
If you haven’t ripped off the antennae from below the adhesive you can still use a plastic spuger to remove the adhesive from the antenae if necessary. I actually did my best to leave the adhesive to use again where there wasn’t broken glass stuck to it. In that way the adhesive protected the antennas which I hadn’t ripped off plus I didn’t have to reapply adhesive all the way around the edge. Then, I just went back with a plastic spuger and very carefully removed the adhesive from on top of the antennae with great success before adding adhesive where necessary. Good luck!
I managed to replace my broken screen but it appears that my digitizer that controls my touch screen is not working.
It’s possible despite my care, that I damaged or didn't connect the digitizer correctly,.
Although, it seemed like the securing flap closed on the pins or it didn’t and mind did.
Deleting / installing new drivers didn't fix the dige issue, I tried everything I could think to no avail but I’m happy to use the touch pad or a mouse.
The screen switch out took over 8 hours of slow, meticulous, work, for this being my first time attempt at such a fix.
I shattered my old broken screen quite a bit despite taking care and taping it to reduce or prevent more shattering which added to the time needed to fix.
The risk of opening up the Surface a 2nd time to see about the digitizer is not worth the risk of shattering the screen again, at least for me.
Overall I do feel very accomplished and am happy with my results.
I would do the whole thing over again.
The screen switch out took me over 8 hours of slow, meticulous, work, for this being my first time attempt at such a fix. As suggested here, my broken screen shattered even more despite taking care and taping it to reduce or prevent more shattering which added greatly to the time needed to fix. I found it helpful to work to separate the screen from the adhesive so that the adhesive remained behind and acted as a protective layer for the antennae. Once the glass was off, I went back and removed the glass shards from the adhesive with a plastic spudger and only replaced the adhesive that I had removed adding new adhesive to the gaps which worked well.