I finally got that mic out by gripping it between two spudgers like a pair of chopsticks and gently pulling it out at an angle. The rubber shroud on it makes the thing hard to grip, and when I finally pulled it free, part of the adhesive ring tore off and stayed stuck to the chassis. When reassembling the machine, I had to kind of squish it back into place. It doesn’t hold quite as well as it did before, but it seems fine.
Excellent guide! My seven-year-old Macbook now charges again without me having to tighten the power cable at weird angles!
The hardest part of this repair was getting the microphone out. That thing was glued in tightly, the rubber shroud is hard to grip through, and the little wires are so delicate!