Before I go through this procedure I would like to get input if I should move forward with the DC-IN replacement:
- charger cable does not light green/orange thus no charge
- when charger attached, the battery indicator shows that it is being charged but charge will not increase charge nor decrease.
- replaced charger still no charge
- SMC reset made no difference
- Side charge lights when charger cable is inserted/release DOES work (also with push button)
- replaced battery still no charge
- new battery did power up laptop and Mac OS read charge properly but again no charge
- WEIRD: If I power the laptop and have the charger cable it does not drain the battery but will not increase charge! For example I left the laptop on for 2 hours and it remained at the same battery charge. If I removed the charger the battery would drain.
Sounds like I should go for it however it is pretty complicated however I did completely did an iMac. Thanks for the input.