just finished this repair. booted her up and we are off to the races again. pretty much followed the guide step by step. i chose to upgrade my GPU from a 256Mb 4670 to 1Gb 6970 (or so i thought). i didn’t bake the replacement but did remove it from the heat sink and cleaned and freshened up both compounds. labeling each connection to the MB was time consuming but well worth it upon reinstallation. took more time cleaning the LCD and front and back of the glass than reinstalling the board. got everything buttoned up. powered it up and loaded the OS. i opened “about this mac” and saw i was sold a 512Mb 6770 instead of the 1Gb 6970
1 (4.3mm) T10 not T8
just completed this step without breaking positioning pin. it appears a small amount of clear liquid adhesive was used to secure this top pin. i slid my hand underneath the speaker and rear case and used my other hand to guide the speaker straight up and with considerable force pulled the housing free of positioning pin without damage.