What I did was:
- Substitute the broken internal hdd with a new one (WD to Segate)
- Change the disk bay to an SSD
Problems I haced:
1) thermal sensor between wd and segate. My fix was to open up the plastic piece that connects to the HDD and separate the cables. Then I taped each cable with isolating material and connected the cables to the bins by hand (praying they would not pop out before I was finished). Actually I noticed that the tape was filling the space in the cavity, making the cables stay in place: fans not spinning crazy.
2) The SSD adapter I bought was a little bit weird and would not fit in the black plastic case of the CD drive. My fix: polish irregularities away from the plastic support. In the end it worked and the drive is now attached
3) Screen connection cable. This one was THE WORST. The cable is really, really delicate and by trying to connect it back after I was finished I broke it in three different ways. Here I suggest PATIENCE and delicacy! I still got it to work though :)