No, the two sided "scotch" tape did not work inside each bottom corner to keep the feet from working their ways out again. I have now tried small amounts of mixed Gorilla epoxy just at the corner points between the metal pad and the plastic back to try to make sure the re-inserted feet stay in place, while trying to be careful not to let the glue spread over to where the feet are. Will wait 24 hours for this to dry with clamps holding it together and see if this keeps the feet from working their way out again.
After replacing these many, many times, I hope the two-sided "scotch" tape I placed at each bottom corner between the pad and the plastic back will hold and keep this from happening again. Since this seems to be a common problem, I find it frustrating that Apple doesn't provide a better replacement solution other than "that will be $129 for a new track pad, thank you very much" Cha ching!