CD DVD driveen
Find more information in theVaio FS series VGRFS640 troubleshooting wiki.
• Is the computer louder than normal or overheating?
• Is the CD drive empty?
If you answered yes to these two questions you need to change or at least clean the fan.
• Is the CD/DVD drive malfunctioning?
• Is the computer displaying that it has an error?
If you answered yes to either of these two questions you may need to change the CD/DVD drive.
• Does the computer not turn on?
• Is it plugged in?
• Is the battery inserted properly?
If you answered yes to these three questions you need to change the hard drive.
Identification and Background
The Sony Vaio FS series is a discontinued range of laptops sold by Sony. It was launched in January 2005 and featured an Intel Pentium M at 1.6 or 1.73GHz with 512MB of RAM and Intel GMA 900 graphics. The screen was a 15.4" 1280x800 display with an 80GB or 100GB 4200rpm hard drive, DVD playback and CD burner and 802.11b/g wi-fi. It weighed 2.9kg.