Gouldtouch Keyboard SK-2721 Disassemblyen
- Precision phillips screwdriver
- Precision flat-head screwdriver
- Standard flat-head screwdriver
- Artist's small paintbrush
- Start with the right side of the keyboard by first turning the whole keyboard over.
- Using a precision Phillips screwdriver, remove the 4 screws visibly set into the plastic cover.
- Remove the 2 most elongated rubber feet (at diagonally opposite corners) by simply levering them up. The glue will re-stick afterwards.
- Remove the 2 screws revealed by the feet removal.
- Gently lever apart the lower and upper plastic covers of the keyboard, starting with the skinny edge (important!) and working towards the fat edge. For tools, use something very skinny and strong, like a precision flathead screwdriver, then proceed with a larger flathead screwdriver. Work gently to avoid snapping the locking parts of the plastic surrounds.
- The fat edge of the keyboard is held together more securely. Separate the covers at this edge last by gently wriggling that edge by hand until it releases.
- Remove the two visible screws at the top and bottom of the keyboard pad.
- The keypad is still connected by a ribbon cable that seems permanently connected, but the keypad can still be lifted and manipulated.
- Lift the keypad without stressing the ribbon cable connection.
- The keypad is composed of keys mounted on flat metal, with lots of gaps under the keys.
- Remove grit by holding keypad vertically, then encouraging grit to fall out by (a) blowing air down through the gaps, (b) rapidly tapping the keys, and (c) tapping the bottom/side edge of the whole keypad on a flat horizontal surface.
- Use an artist's paintbrush or something similar to remove dust from both the keypad and its plastic covers.
- Reassemble by reversing the disassembly instructions above.
- Repeat the whole process above with the left side of the keyboard.