Which board has the radio for wireless controllers?
My Xbox Series X recently developed an issue where the controller regularly disconnects while playing. Which daughterboard (hopefully not the motherboard) has the radio used for the wireless controllers? IFixit has both an 'accessory antennae board' and a 'wifi board' but I can't find any information on what the controller uses.
Troubleshooting details, to preempt the common suggestions:
Happens every 1m23s (+/-1s) like clockwork. The light on the controller starts blinking, the Xbox sees the controller has disconnected, about 15s or so later it automatically reconnects. Repeat 1m and 23s later.
- Completely reset and updated both the controller and the Xbox.
- Left them both unplugged/unpowered overnight.
- Let the controller fully charge (official play and charge battery+cable), tried AAs, even tried powering it with a phone charger.
- Re-paired the controller, multiple ways including with the USB cable.
- Got the same behavior with a One X controller.
- Controllers work fine when connected with a USB cable.
- Controllers work fine when connected to a PC or Xbox One X wirelessly
I have this same problem. It also affects the xbox wireless headset. I tried a brand new controller and same behavior. I am also wondering if the antenna board will be the fix.
I've been distracted by holiday stuff, but I've just ordered the accessory antennae board. I'll update when I know if that resolved the issue.