Pro Controller Seemingly Dead, with no signs of life
Hello everyone, I’ve been at this for a couple of weeks now and unfortunately I’m still left with a dead pro controller, I’m hoping to get this working soon and its been frustrating not knowing what to do. For context, I disassembled the controller to test a broken minus button, and upon reassembly it stopped taking battery power, then stopped taking any power at all. I could have definitely shorted or knocked something off the board, but nomatter what caused it I want to try my hardest to fix it. Hopefully someone here can help me.
Here’s what I know about the pro controller and the status of it:
- The battery works fine
- The ribbon cable and front button assembly is fine (This and the battery are not required for the controller to turn on)
- When plugged into my charger that lights up when connected, the light does not turn on, so the board isn’t taking any power.
- The rumble motors are disconnected right now, though I don’t see how that would cause it to not power on (I’ll try to reconnect them to test)
- EDIT: The power cable going from the battery board to the main board seems to be connected fine
- EDIT 2: there is no documentation online for this thing, so I decided to do some of my own investigation. I saw another reddit post that had a similar issue as mine, where it had no signs of life, and narrowed it down to being a short to ground on the charging chip (32LP052). I have yet to test this myself, but it is another clue
Unfortunately, there is limited documentation on the pro controller so it is hard to find any reference on what to troubleshoot for or what components to test, so hopefully some of you out there know something I can try to get it working again. I would love the help and it would mean so much for me