Replacing the Screen Latch
I need to replace the screen closing latch. It is broken. What parts would I need and could I buy them from your firm?
1) Open the lid on your macbook
2) Look straight down at the two slots just below the mouse button where the latches hook in.
3) While looking at the slots, press the latch release button in
4) Notice how the two metal latches slide back?
When the latch release mechanism is in its resting position, those two metal latches and the whole silver metal base under them should be resting flush against the inside front of the macbook.
5) Inspect your metal latches in the resting position. Are they flush against the front of the MacBook? Or is there a gap?
If there is a gap, then you have the same problem I did. I took a safety pin and tried to fish out whatever was keeping the latch mechanism from resting flush against the front of the MacBook. After playing around a bit, and vigorously pressing and releasing the latch release button a few times, it finally came to rest flush, with no gap. After this, the lid closes perfectly.
Here is a forum of people with the same problem, you might find your answer. I wouldn't replace the bottom case but as a last resort. Especially since the latch is in the upper case.
Thanks so much for this post. fix worked great. Nothing else seemed to do it. The safety pin or stickpin was a great idea and I used a little compressed air with it turned upside down over my knee to blow any particles that had been scraped loose with the pin. It works like a champ now. Thanks again
過去 24時間: 0
過去 7 日: 0
過去 30 日: 1