Booting issue with usual fixes not working
I have replaced the, logic board with a known working one along with an sad and the same issue has occurred.
could this be a cpu or gpu issue ??? ***
My mid 2010 iMac A1311 will boot with regular chimes to the loading bar but will get stuck at 50/55 and even sometimes 75%. It will however boot into safe mode.
I have tried:
- reseting pram (Both with wireless and wired keyboard)
- repairing disk in disk utility (both in safe mode and recovery mode)
- verbose mode (will run through all processes then will stay on the white boot screen with no progress on the bar)
- repairing disk in single user mode (this will work but then the volume with corrupt again once shut down)
- reseating the ram
- different ram
- hardware test (nothing comes back)
- booting to boot option screen and selecting the boot drive from there (same issue occurs)
- booting from an external HHD and SSD (same issue occurs)
- reinstalling OSX via usb (had mixed success with this as it would sometimes get stuck during installation.
- reinstalling OSX using the original install disc.
- i invested in a firewire cable and it can boot into target disk mode and i can read the hard drive.
- it will also boot up and display in target boot mode ...
When ever i am lucky enough to get it too boot it will freeze but still allow the mouse to move (this requires a power button shutdown as nothing can be selected)
So i am not sure what it could be ... could it be a bad logic board or hard drive ?
Any help and ideas is much appreciated.