Display doesn't come on and it is temperamental
MacBook Pro 15" Core 2 Duo Models A1226 and A1260
Bought in 2007, never had a problem with the display ever. On the other hand, the DVD drive does not burn any form of CDs at all while still able to read all kinds of CDs. But this is not the most urgent issue at the moment.
2 days ago when studying i close my macbook to bring it to the restroom with me as i was in a public library. When i come back from the washroom and tried to turn it back on again by opening the macbook the computer won't start although i observe these:
- the HDD turns on on
- the indicator light is on (constant and bright)
- the volume button is still functional (because i am still able to hear the normal *click* of the macbook after a while)
Problem: The LCD does not come on.
I panic and try everything that i know to get it going, this include:
- Power off (hard power off)
- turning it back on (when i turn on the power these are the observation: drive started, indicator light turns on, HDD started and after a while i am able to operate the volume button again but still no luck with the LCD)
- Remove the battery and try to turn it on with power cord only (no luck)
- try WITH battery and no luck again.
- Every time i try to turn it on the same observations repeat itself (when i turn on the power these are the observation: drive started, indicator light turns on, HDD started and after a while i am able to operate the volume button again but still no luck with the LCD)
After a while i gave up trying to solve the problem and just put my macbook back in my bag by putting it vertically on its side. After studying for a while and being anxious to the point of no study because of the macbook i tried firing the macbook again.
SURPRISINGLY!! IT WORKS!! everything runs smoothly until today...
The events is the same as well. i was studying (this time at home) and i was hungry so i close the lid of my macbook to put it into sleep stat then i left for a meal.
When i came back from my meal, i tried to turn the macbook back on but the same thing is happening again. i tried the same things that i tried with no luck as before and i looked at iFixit and try to find the solution. One suggestion tells me to try to plug it into an external display. so i went and try to plug it into my TV when i try to fire it up while plugged into my TV there are nothing on the display (this might be because of the default option in the macbook but CMIIW).
Now i am left helpless without my macbook while borrowing my friend's computer.
These are what i want to know:
- What happen to my macbook?
- What is wrong with it?
- What can i do to repair it?
- What can i do to prevent it?
- Should i go to an apple store and see what has happen to my macbook?