Laptop will only connect to local internet when not at home
My Toshiba Satellite both will not connect to the internet unless I am at home
warren fischer this sounds like a setup isseu more than a hardware issue. Let us know how you connect at home and what OS your computer has. You are probably setup for your home network but not for a mobile network. I suggest that you download the owners manual for your computer from here and read through the stuff on here.
I have suffered this after lending my laptop.
Follow this to see if this helps.1 Start
2 control panel
3 Network and internet
4 Network connections , RIGHT click on internet connection not your home connections the one with the red x in it or the one you are trying to connect to.
5 Double click on internet protocol version 4 (tcp /ip v4)
6 click the radio button (obtain an IP address automatically) and click the radio button for obtain a DNS server number automatically. You can also look at the same place for all your connections, Ethernet or Wi Fi. Should be the same.
Some people like to have a static IP and do this
If you're only able to connect to the internet when you're not at home, it's likely that there's something wrong with your home network. To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:
1. Check your home router and make sure it's properly connected to your modem. If you're not sure how to do this, consult your router's documentation or contact your ISP.
2. Try restarting your home router and modem. This can often resolve connectivity issues.
3. If you have a wireless connection, try moving closer to your router to see if that improves your signal strength.
4. Make sure that your firewall or antivirus software isn't blocking your connection.
5. Check to see if your ISP is experiencing any outages in your area.
If you're still having trouble connecting to the internet at home, you may need to contact your ISP for further assistance and if you are on fixed wireless internet than rise broadband is best check your area availability .
Well you can try the following
過去 24時間: 0
過去 7 日: 0
過去 30 日: 26