One year question. And heres the answer.
Mine had these issue too. All I did is I opened up the blueray drive and took out the rollers to clean them. They became dirty and they needed some cleaning.
Here's how you can do it:
- Open up the PS4
- Disconnect and take out the power supply.
- Then Idisconnect the blueray drive, screwed it out, and lift it out from the housing.
- Take out the screws that holds the plastic mechanism.
Now you can see the rollers and the laser. Be careful around the laser, dont damage it.
- Now take out the little plastic piece whats between the rollers. After that, you can simply slide off the first one, second one is a bit trickier. You need to pull it gently, don't break it.
- now grab some alcohol and a cotton piece to clean them. They should be a bit sticky after that. That means its okay now. It has a natural stickiness to grip & pull the disc in to the drive. If those become dirty, they lose the stickiness and cant grip on the disc.
Now follow the instructions backwards to reassemble your bluray drive & your PS4. After this your discs can be taken in & be ejected easier. ;)