Why won’t my Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker turn on?
My Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker will not turn on.
The Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker is a small speaker with a rechargeable battery and enhanced bass resonator. This model does not have bluetooth capabilities unlike the BTX110 Wireless Bluetooth Mini Portable Speaker with similar aesthetic design and color.
Your speaker may not turn on for a number of reasons. One of the most frequently approached reasons could be that the internal battery is dead. We recommend fully charging the Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable speaker before use for great, uninterrupted sound. Using the supplied charger wire or a Micro USB charger should be sufficient. Another reason could be that the Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker may not be powered on. If the internal battery is fully charged, and the LED indicator light is not lit up blue, then try pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds. The LED indicator light should light up blue. Once you connect your media device, the Kinivo ZX100 Mini Portable Speaker should work properly.
So I had this problem as well. It was NOT that the battery was dead - it was fully charged. It was that I could not press the wavy colored bar under the on/off icon to turn the unit on. (Instructions say to hold this for 4 - 5 seconds.) When I tried to press the bar, I wouldn't get the same "click" that I would with the volume up or down icons.
So here's what worked. Took me about 5 minutes.
1. Unscrew the top to expand the accordion fold speaker (don't take it apart - yet - just open it up).
2. Gently tilt the top to one side and you will see four screws around the perimeter of the speaker - down in the cavity.
3. Get an electronics screwdriver (I use the iWork set), and unscrew the four screws.
4. Gently pull the top off. You should have the following - all attached with two wires:
a. The black top with the accordion fold speaker top.
b. The colored wavy section.
c. A black disk that sits underneath the wavy section.
d. The base of the unit, where the two wires are attached.
5. Look at the unit base. Just inside each of the feet you'll see a little electronic switch which is what actually controls the on/ off and volume. There are three of these. Confirm that each of the three buttons (on/off, volume up and volume down) along the base "click" (depress) correctly. Press and hold the power button to ensure the power works correctly. (If not, you may need to return or replace the unit.)
6. Gently reassemble the four parts (they only fit one way), and ensure that the colored wavy section is fully contacting the little electronic switches. Once I did this, everything worked fine for me.
7. Assuming everything is good, all you need to do is tighten the four screws, and you should be good to go.
過去 24時間: 0
過去 7 日: 1
過去 30 日: 5