I finally published a guide on replacing the Matte finish LCD. You can find it here: MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Mid 2010 Matte Finish LCD Replacement
I just went ahead and tried to remove the Matte LCD screen and was successful.
The key is to remove the bezel, which is attached to the assembly using doublesided tape, similar but not exactly as with the glossy screen. Underneath the bezel, the screen is screwed in just like the glossy LCD assemble. As with the glossy, a heatgun works for this purpose. One big difference from the glossy (aside from the bezel) is that there is NO coverglass. The matte glass you see is optically bonded to the display, which is screwed in underneath the bezel, and so using suction cups will not work.
It helped me tremendously by removing the rubber seal around the bezel first. Steps were:
1. Remove the display assembly as described in steps 1-20 of the glossy tutorial MacBook Pro 15インチ Unibody Mid 2010 LCDの交換 .
2. Applied heat around the edge to losen the tape.
3. Remove rubber seal on lower corner. Using the sharp end of the spudger helps.
4. Apply more heat
5. Wedge flat end of spudger between bezel and screen to remove, while applying heat gun.
6. Remove the LCD as in steps 31-36 of the glossy tutorial MacBook Pro 15インチ Unibody Mid 2010 LCDの交換 .
I still haven't put this back together, but it all came apart rather cleanly. I'll post how this goes back together once I get the replacement LCD.
Murdercity - Were you able to remove the bezel?