How to change out a blower motor on a 1997 dodge Dakota
looking for how to change out a blower motor on a 1997 dodge Dakota looking for a diagram
Brian, try this from the service manual:
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS,DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN AN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.
The blower motor is located on the passenger side of the vehicle under the dash
(1) Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
(2) Unplug the blower motor wire harness connector (Fig. 3).
(3) Remove the three screws that secure the blower motor and wheel assembly to the HVAC housing.
(4) Rotate and tilt the blower motor unit as needed for clearance to remove the blower motor and wheel from the HVAC housing.
(1) Align and install the blower motor and wheel assembly into the HVAC housing.
(2) Install the three mounting screws and tighten to 2.2 N·m (20 in. lbs.).
(3) Plug in the blower motor wire harness connector.
(4) Connect the battery negative cable."
Hope this helps, good luck.
過去 24時間: 0
過去 7 日: 2
過去 30 日: 16