Candle Wax is ruining law school!
I tipped a burning candle over onto my 4 month old macbook air. I immediately wiped off the majority of the wax and stuck the computer in the fridge. I took the computer to the apple store and they quoted me upwards of $755 for repair. They claim the wax seeped under the keyboard. I have a hard time believing this because the laptop worked perfectly. The major issue was that the keys were all stuck. In particular, the 'shift' key was stuck down forcing the computer to boot in 'safe mode.'
I am wondering 1) how I can check to see if the wax is ACTUALLY in the computer and not just on the keys and 2) how I can get this repaired for less expensive.
I am a law student, living on student loans, I really REALLY need this to be less expensive. e.g. I found a refurbished keyboard/top case for about $69. Could I replace that myself (or have a tech savvy friend replace it)?